HOW IT WORKS
Helping make Bearden
the best it can be
Each semester, the Foundation’s Gift Committee meets to evaluate the variety of requests for financial assistance made by teachers, administrators and other stakeholders at Bearden High School. Factors in committee decisions include the number of students and teachers benefitted by the request, additional sources of possible funding, measurable educational objectives, and financial documentation.
The deadline for Applications for Fall Gift Requests is the end of August. The deadline for Applications for Spring Gift Requests is the end of January. For more information, please contact BHS Foundation Gift Committee Chair Nicole Siegel at email@example.com.
Thanks to generous donations from you and the Bearden community, the Foundation was able to fulfill the following requests made during the last academic year.
Where your money was invested at
Bearden in 2018-19
• Athletics – Funds to purchase an automated external defibrillator (AED) lifesaving device.
• Band – Funds to purchase a new field speaker system plus euphoniums for the marching band.
• Basketball – Funds to help transform a storage area into a team video room.
• Business – Funds to purchase computer software to manage multiple workstations plus trade show registration fees for Bearden’s Virtual Enterprise teams.
• English – Funds to purchase new text books plus registration fees for a conference on childhood trauma.
• Faculty – Funds to support teacher training and professional development.
• Football – Funds to help upgrade the tile floor in the team’s weight room.
• PTSO – Funds to support the Grad Night Celebration at Main Event.
• Math – Funds to purchase new whiteboard tables and chairs plus new graphing calculators.
• Science – Funds to help turn frozen specimens into taxidermied teaching tools plus registration fees for the Science Olympiad competition.
• Social Studies – Funds to purchase new text books.
• Special Ed – Funds to purchase alternative seating options for the classroom.
• STEM – Funds to purchase supplies to tackle the NASA Human Exploration Rover Challenge.
• Testing – Funds to purchase new Dell Chromebook computers.